Seek Partners International is currently involved in:
Energized by the heart of our ministry – its people and partnerships, SEEK PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL, INC mission is to:
- Sponsor and operate accredited undergraduate and graduate institutes of higher Christian education,
- Regarding the Bible:
- Translate the Bible into the languages of the Indian subcontinent from the original languages,
- Distribute it into educational and ministry contexts, and
- Stimulate its critical acceptance.
- Plant formal churches in the least reached areas of the Indian subcontinent – starting with northwes India – each led by formally trained pastors and teachers.
Currently, SPI is developing the following initiatives with respect to each of the above aspects to its mission:
- Theological Education
- Training national leaders with higher theological education in South Asia, both in formal (accredited theological institutions) and informal (eg conferences) way.
- Establishing faculty development programs for South Asian theological institutions, including both SPI’s own institution – NIITS – but also other such institutions of the region).
- Developing apprenticeship programs for fresh seminary and Bible college graduates to acquire the meaningful ministry experience of their choice and need.
- Supporting ministries involved with theological education and ministry training
- Writing tracts, booklets, article, and books
- Bible Translation and Distribution
- Translating Bibles into Hindi and Punjabi languages to produce fresh translations from original languages a
- Producing scholarly study notes to be included at the margins of Study Bibles
- Cooperating with local and national governmental linguistic bodies to create words needed in the local language to express a thought from Christianity not otherwise expressible.
- Working with publishers to develop aggressive yet realistic and honest distribution goals that will put Bibles in the hands of those who will most appreciate and respect them.
- Training a future generation of Bible translators.
- Church Planting
- Planting churches in NW states of India in smaller towns of 20,000+ people
- Conducting various outreach project directly and in partnership with other organizations to assist local churches to share God’s offer of salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Inculcating within SPI-sponsored and other local churches the sense of responsibility and accountability for compassionately caring for the less fortunate in their localities.
- Encouraging the assumption of financial responsibilities for the funding of its own operation by the congregation of each local church planted.
- Assisting in the training of lay leaders in each of the local churches planted by SPI and others within South Asia.